Birthday Eve

Hello friends! This is a bit of a random post, but tomorrow's my birthday, so I thought I'd blog. I should see how long I can blog in this new year of mine! That would be fun!

I haven't done anything super exciting lately - I had to work last Saturday and we are thoroughly into the rainy season now. As a matter of fact, my favorite shoes died today. Farewell, good friends. Haha.

So here's some random stuff happening lately.

1. Clear Coke
Clear drinks have been super popular in Japan lately, but most of them aren't so nice. The worst was a clear latte. It tasted like they had just poured water into an unwashed empty bottle of coffee. But, clear Coke is actually nice. Unfortunately, I got a raging headache after drinking it. It could have been a coincidence, but it is artificially sweetened. Tasted good, though!

2. City Living
I will be moving out of the city soon, but here I finally got a spot at Starbucks where I could sit and relax. It's annoyingly jammed on the weekends. I think this was a Tuesday night.

3. Ajisai season
The nice thing about the rainy season is that it is when the ajisai bloom. They actually look better in the rain, I think.

Well, that's about it for me! I'm excited about new adventures ahead in this year. I'm just starting to study Spanish, so we will see how that goes. So far, I've relearned stuff from university and one new word - guacala - which means yucky. How useful...not really!


Comments

Sharon said…
Wow! Your photos, Liz! Those flower pics are amazing! Especially the hydrangea where I could see 3 different colors all nestled together. OK, I'll bite. Why Spanish?? And it sounds from your post that you have decided to move. I had been wondering.

I love this blogging!!!! Thanks a million!