What do you do when people sing "Happy Birthday" to you?

I love it, but I immediately don't know what to do with myself.

I think I got about 8 renditions today, so I got some time to practice. My recommendation - don't pretend to conduct. Afterwards, you just feel like a big dork.

So it was a great working birthday. I treated myself to breakfast at a cafe on the way to work, coworkers brought me Starbucks and cake and stickers and beet juice (long story). I got lots of songs and Happy Birthdays from my students, I ate my least favorite school lunch (well, it's close), I got a lot of filing done, I ate a hot dog for dinner because I am a child at heart, and I had a good time at language exchange. Now I'm enjoying birthday messages on my phone!

So, a good day!
Reflection time at the end of the day

Language fun

My grown-up dinner

Blech. The pile next to the dumplings has small whole stinky fish. Why???

Desk surprises

Breakfast

Morning flowers


Comments

Sharon said…
What a delight-filled day! So nice to be remembered, isn't it? Did you really eat that lunch??? I love you so much!