Back in the saddle again

Well, here I am! I am back in Wakkanai, tucked away into my snug little apartment. Well, it is slowly becoming snug! My bathroom is currently -3C. My bedroom was 34F when I got home, but I think it is warming up. Wakkanai kinda looks like it did when I left -dark and snowy! ;-) Although, as I was riding the train home this afternoon, I was quite pleased to see that the days have lengthened quite a bit just in the 3 weeks I've been gone!

It is going to be strange going back to work tomorrow - I've never had such a long break from a full-time job before!

So, I spent a lot of this trip thinkin'. Thinkin' was easier than digging through my luggage for a book. My befuddled brain decided would be nice if passengers coming in from points international could receive a little badge saying something like "Recalibrating." They could give it to people coming through the re-entry checkpoints. Then, those of us feeling fuzzy and trying to readjust to the culture could just stick it on our shirts so everyone would know why we are acting dumb.

Anyway, since this post is not making a whole lot of sense, I think I am going to end it and go crash!

Comments

Sharon said…
Welcome to Wakkanai, Liz! Hopefully your bedroom is up to at least a nice toasty 50 degrees as you sleep! If it is, it will feel like your MS home.

I sure am enjoying this frequent blogging from you even if you ARE a little discombobulated. Did I just murder the spelling of that word? It must be these extra days off from school. Missing 2nd grade can really mess up one's spelling!

Enjoy work and shine, shine, shine! The sun may not be shining, but the Son is...and you are reflecting His light!

Love you!
aquamaureen said…
I like the idea of a "recalibrating" badge .. . I would wear it every day!!!
Jim said…
Recalibrating what a great idea. Maybe the emperor will make it a law. Then he can let the President of the United States know about it, then we can all have it. Great idea.